- Completed Infiltrator page, promoted it to the albums menu and updated relevant song pages
- Corrected lyrical errors in Starstorm version of Righteous Rocker. Likewise It's The Same Old Story
- Corrected lyrical errors in Rough Street Love Letter version of Deep Blue
- Corrected lyrical errors in Endless Life Of Dreams
- Created a Waves Of Grace song page
- Completed Survivor page, promoted it to the albums menu and updated relevant song pages
- Corrected lyrical error in Dark Passage
- Corrected lyrical errors in Starstorm version of If God Is My Father
- Corrected lyrical errors in Stop This Flight version of Messiah
- Updated Messiah page to make the The Very Best Of Larry Norman Volume 2 / Survivor version unique. Also updated the description of the track on The Very Best Of Larry Norman Volume 2 page
- Corrected lyrical errors in Rough Street Love Letter version of Keeper For My Heart
- Corrected lyrical errors in Down Under version of Why Can't You Be Good
- Created a One Star Remains song page, albeit with barely any of the lyrics figured out!
- Completed Safecracking page, promoted it to the albums menu and updated relevant song pages
- Corrected lyrical errors in I Want It All
- Significantly rearranged and updated White Blossoms From Black Roots page so that release variations, descriptions and accordions are more detailed and in chronological order. Updated affected song pages accordingly
- Added the May 1989 Music To Live By CD to the Other Releases page and updated relevant song pages to reflect
- Added numerous links to the Other Releases page
- Updated the description of Home At Last slightly and added April to the Benson versions release date. Corrected / changed the double LP version release date to 1990
- Updated Swing Low Sweet Chariot page to reflect the CD version of The Story Of The Tune
- Updated What's Wrong With This Body page to reflect the studio version from Stop This Flight (and Survivor)
- Corrected lyrical errors in Living In The 20th Century
- Fixed an error on I Wish We'd All Been Ready whereby version 10 was referred to version 8 rather than to version 9
- Fixed spelling of Glenn Selwitz' surname (on pages Song For A Small Circle Of Friends, Bootleg and The Cottage Tapes Book One. Also fixed 'Hilly Hillman' on the Other Releases Born Twice entry. (Was Hilly Michaels)
- Added images of variant UTR-UK13 to Upon This Rock page. Also added variants UTR-UK14 and UTR-UK15
- Added a song page link to Dear Malcolm, Dear Alwyn accordion entry on Upon This Rock page. (Reference the Illegal Noise CD)
- Added variant STF-SW4 to Stop This Flight page
- Added variant SLATG-US21 to So Long Ago The Garden page
- Updated the covers page
- Added a special edition cassette section to Bootleg, albeit without lyrics or full difference details yet
- Transcribed the Solid Rock CD bonus tracks on Stop This Flight
- Replaced the images of Sweet Sweet Song Of Salvation 7" promotional single. (On the vinyl tab of the singles page
Still beavering away, here's what's new:
Here's what's new around here:
Surprise! I've actually done quite a lot of work this time round..... ;-)
So, more than two months on from the previous update and what do I have to report? Larry's brother Charles still hasn't updated the official website or announced the new releases that are in the offing. He has moved home again though, so can be excused. I took a break of more than a month from all things Larry Norman, which I suppose will equate to less progress here than you might reasonably expect for the length of time. Unlike Charles though, I haven't moved home and have absolutely no excuse. Regardless, here's a nicely bulleted list of what I have achieved, despite my obvious slothfulness.
So the last five or six weeks has seen another clutch of album pages completed, though progress on that front will inevitably slow soon given The Belfast Bootlegs looms large! A number of new song pages have also been created. Here's the full scoop:
So here's a summary of what I've been up to as summer seamlessly transitioned into autumn. I might even dare to suggest that I've been quite productive over the past six weeks or so
So, between Bandcamping and looking for stuff relevant to the year 1977, I've also been dipping my toe in around here. Here is a handy list to help you check out what's new.
So. The last month or so has seen something of a detour, as I've been helping Charles Norman with the new Larry Norman Bandcamp site. Bandcamp is a platform similar to the likes of Apple Music and Amazon Music, but giving artists much more control over their content. It is friendly towards fans too, allowing three free streams of a given title before prompting purchase. Also, the audio files are in wav format, meaning you get full CD quality rather than a compressed mp3. Most titles are ripped straight from the CDs, but several do have added bonus tracks; a mixture of previously issued and never before heard. The God Part III MTV style video is included with the studio version of the song. All very exciting!
This Bandcamp initiative is enabling Solid Rock to make out of print titles (legally) available again, without the hassles and restrictions involved in pressing CDs, manufacturing sleeves, storage and shipping. And it allows phans to plug gaps in their collections without opening their wallets wide to online merchant fleecers. One thing to be aware of though is that cover versions are removed due to Bandcamp policies.
So far 49 albums have been 'bandcamped', and one new release has been created. Stink is an EP of demos recorded under the band name The Flies. [Note that around 40-50% of Stink was actually used on Motorola Corolla 2, but here we get the entire contents of the tape with nothing edited out, and with different (better?) noise reduction technology applied].
This site hasn't been forgotten about altogether though, and there are still some updates to report, including a new development in the addition of embedded Bandcamp players to album pages, allowing you to listen as you browse.
So. The fiftieth blog entry is here. The fiftieth batch of site updates. Fifty. That's like halfway to a hundred. Which is still nowhere close to the number of albums Larry released. ;-)
Does this significant number correspond to a bumper update bringing lots of exciting new content? Er, not really. I'm still a slacker. Just the usual incremental changes then. Here's a list of them.
Phew. Turns out it is a big list, so maybe I can claim that "fifty" is a major update after all. Do you have any idea how much effort it took to figure out the release dates and order of the four hundred and eight seven albums released in the decade Y2K?!
So, I decided to change direction over these past six weeks or so. I turned up my collar and walked into the night. Okay, that's mildly overdramatic. I just put lyric transcribing on hold and focused instead on cleaning up and completing some other neglected aspects of the site.
For me then this blog entry looks a bit different from most others. To you it probably looks exactly the same as always; a bunch of dots with some words after them. And some of those words are in a different colour.
So, lots of spring cleaning. Gone are some of the frankly confusing image layouts on the Only Visiting This Planet and In Another Land pages for example. Kollector kodes have been fully defined for all titles released up to the end of the 1970s. Some detective work has proven long held assumptions wrong. And I need to decide whether to keep going in this vein or to switch direction again..... Which will I choose? Stay tuned for the next gripping episode, which will be the fiftieth blog entry. Fifty! I wonder if I spend too much time blogging instead of adding actual content?
So, entry 48 sees lots of developments to blog about. Lots. It's going to take me ages to type it all. So let's get straight to it; here's what I've been up to, with a little help from a small circle of friends.
I'm a Larry Norman fan. What else do you need to know?