- All lyrics updated / finalised on the Totally Unplugged album page.
- Details added to cover the cassette release of Totally Unplugged.
- All relevant song pages updated to reflect Totally Unplugged.
- Updated the Stranded In Babylon album page to include the US Remix version, and updated relevant song pages to reflect.
- Major update to / expansion of the Singles page. Have a look at the Vinyl tab which now contains many many more releases and also shows A and B side labels, together with picture sleeves where applicable. I can virtually guarantee there are singles shown there that you don't have!
- Updated the Streams Of White Light album page to include a bunch of photographs from the Solid Rock archives.
- Updated the Riding High song page blurb and added images of the 7” singles.
- Created an Organ Grinder page and added links to it as required. Likewise Weight Of The World. Did you know that Larry hated Organ Grinder? If not, go to the song page to find out why.
- Updated the Righteous Rocker song page to reflect the 7” single releases. Likewise PeacePollutionRevolution.
So, the following has happened since last time.....
It's been a while since the last update, but be assured I'm still working away here. As well as outlining the site updates, I can tell you that Solid Rock are planning quite a bit of activity for the first half of next year, which will mark the tenth anniversary of Larry's passing.
You wanna know what's been done here lately? Well I'll tell ya.
So. I've done much more here in the last three weeks than in the whole three months prior. The feeling of accomplishment is almost overwhelming.
Here is a blow by blow account . Strap in, it's a rollercoaster read.
So. You all remember how I said I was a slacker right back on day one of this website? I trust no one thought I was just joking.
Anyway, I haven't quite done nothing here over the last three months.
See. Almost nothing. But not quite.
So the pace here has slowed somewhat, due to a little side project we're involved in. And by "we" I mean me and some other people. While you're waiting for a light shedding announcement, I suggest you check out this other announcement, which is actually kind of related - Perils.
Anyway, we haven't completely ignored the needs of those who like to read Larry Norman song titles and lyrics. Here's a list, bullet pointed no less, of what's been updated since last time.
** If you ever needed proof of Larry's claim that he could not complete projects or even know if a song was finished after his brain injury, just have a look at the song pages of 1980s releases such as Down Under, White Blossoms, 2nd Trilogy and so on. The number of small changes, even between CD and cassette version of the same album will soon jump out at you.
Based on past evidence, you may struggle to believe it, but there has actually been rather a lot of activity here in the past four or five weeks. The following summary is so long that I almost created a summary just for it. Anyway, here's all the things now ticked off the to do list:
It's been a slow couple of months around here. I did warn you I'm a slacker....
Anyway, here's what's new:
Would you believe me if I said I've been busy since the last devblog update? It's all relative of course. Here's a summary:
And there you have it, the sum total of six weeks or so of "busy-ness". I've spent a lot of time listening to and figuring out different versions of I Love You, and I realised I was overlooking some alternate album versions in my supposedly chronological methodology.
Note, I still have a few things to check with the Phydeaux LP version of SLATG, such as that it seems to have a reversed stereo image. Either that or I mixed up my red and black connectors.
Here is a summary of what's new around here...
Are you aware that Larry's brother Charles took part in a tribute concert in Holland last week? It was a great show. Google "Larry Norman tribute Veenendaal" to see parts of it. The musicians involved also recorded a cover of Righteous Rocker, which you can hear here.
I'm a Larry Norman fan. What else do you need to know?