- Updated So Long Ago The Garden variant SLATG-US19 to note that the tray card inner has a ’printed in Canada’ stamp
- Rearranged the order of the original Only Visiting This Planet CDs and added a note that OVTP-US26 cannot predate April 1994
- Added variants OVTP-US47 and -US48 to Only Visiting This Planet
- Added Street Level variant SL-US31, and updated SL-US20 to include artwork images
- Added Bootleg variant Boot-US28
- Updated relevant song pages to reflect The Cottage Tapes Book Two
- Corrected a version number error in the Why Don't You Look Into Jesus accordion and updated version 15 description to indicate that it has no vocals
- Rearranged the December 2004 releases into the correct order on the albums page
- Added lyrics and notes to Maximum Planet and promoted it to the albums menu. Also updated relevant song pages to reflect it
- Added In Another Land variants IAL-US35 and -US36
- Added Solid Rock Sampler 1 variant SRS1-US2
- Added Restless In Manhattan variant RIM-US2
- Koded the following albums: Invitation Only, American Roots, Road Rage, The Very Best Of Larry Norman Volume 1, Christmastime, Snowblind, On The Prowl, Liberator, Infiltrator, The Final Concert, 70 Miles From Lebanon, The Norman Invasion, Emancipator and The Cottage Tapes Book Two
- Created an album page for the UK77 release, including lyrics for the main album
- Added matrix details and koded It's The Same Old Story single variant 7SOS-US1. Also replaced the images
- Added matrix details and koded I Feel Like Dying single variant 7IFLD-UK1, and replaced the images
- Corrected erroneous "mojito" lyrics in the Father Touch version of Rock The Flock. (The correct lyric is "mo' guitar")
- Added a Lion’s Breath Bandcamp player to Upon This Rock
- Added a photo of handwritten lyrics to Lost Kids (Song For The Runaways) page
- Added quotes from Harmony magazine to Be Careful What You Sign, Lonely By Myself and So Long Ago The Garden pages
- Added quotes from a 1980 Don Gillespie interview to all three trilogy album pages
- Updated the following song pages with notes from the Cottage Tapes booklet: I Don't Wanna Lose You, Blue Shoes White, What Goes Through Your Mind and Righteous Rocker
- Added a Bandcamp player to Magnetic Real - The Living Room Tapes 1963
- Added a Bandcamp player to The Colossus Of Roads. Also added song version notes and the exact release date
- Completed Underground Manouevers album page and promoted it to the albums menu
- Fixed a ??? lyric on Blue Shoes White. (Larry spells out the word white)
- Fixed errors in That's What Love Is For lyrics on the song and Sticks & Stones pages
- Updated Standing At The Crossroads lyrics on the song and Gathered Moments pages
- Corrected errors in The Road And The Sky lyrics
I just realised that at the end of 2024, this website will celebrate its tenth birthday. It's been a long road - longer than I realised - and there is still some way to go. But hopefully by then every album and every song version will be fully documented. In the meantime here's a handy list outlining progress since the start of year ten...
Here's a list of what I've been up to over the past seven or eight weeks or thereabouts. Beats me why anyone would be interested in my activities, but in that time I've also started painting some of the walls in my home with thermal paint, repaired my tumble drier and eaten some pigs in blankets. Enough about me though, you're more interested in Larry Norman. I should hope
So there you have it. I know a matrix error is huge news but I think the Kickstarter might be even more interesting. As of now the campaign is concluded, met its target and we are waiting on Charles to finish barbecuing in his back yard and get the CDs and LPs pressed. I've heard the album and genuinely believe it to be the best live Larry release of all. Very much worth the near fifty year wait!
Still working away here! We're now moving into the time period (mid 2000s) where Larry released many limited run 'boutique' titles. These were often live recordings and/or sourced from bootlegs, and consequently require more time to transcribe than albums containing studio recordings do. It might appear like I'm slowing down. If so it's just because 'the going is getting rough'. ;-) This is also the time period where Larry started releasing titles exclusively available to fan club (Solid Rock Army - SRA) members. If you weren't part of that elite band of soldiers then this and the next few updates might well alert you to some cool recordings you didn't even know existed....
Anyway, since last time:
So nearly two months on and I'm reverting to type. Slackerdom. I might claim to have also been working in my garden over the summer, but is that the truth?
Slacker or not, here's what's new:
** There are several online sellers who have been listing the 'centre hole' version of this single for £30 plus for at least the past year. Please be aware that these high prices started appearing after the very rare Canadian pressing surfaced and sold for that kind of money. But, a very rare Canadian release does not equal a fairly common UK release. The latter typically sold for about £5 prior to all this.
As I forged into 2003 in terms of Larry releases, I realised I had forgotten to check the various Illegal Noise CDs. Cue a little detour back to 2001 to plug what turned out to be many gaps there....
Some good progress has been made over the last month or so, even if I do say so myself. You can judge for yourself by perusing the following fascinating breakdown...
... If you reached the end of the list with the feeling that I oversold it somewhat then I would ask you to think for a moment about the numerous versions of Belfast Bootlegs, the extensive differences between them, and the sheer number of tracks they contain. Then consider that each track had to be compared across each version to identify any differences, lyrics transcribed and dozens upon dozens of song pages updated..... Still unimpressed? If so I will forever live in hope of you never becoming my manager and carrying out my appraisal. ;-)
All in less than three weeks....
Not bad for a slacker!
NOTE: I somehow totally forgot to mention a new Larry Norman album in Update #58! I'll mention it here instead then, and no, this is not an April Fool. One Night In Norway - 1991
It's been so long since the previous post here that you would be forgiven if you had wondered whether the site had been abandoned. Whilst I did have to take quite some time away in order to focus on other things, I can assure you that is not the case. Here then is a nicely bulleted list of things that have been done in the last eight or nine months:
And there you have it. Basically an average of one album processed every two months, which is not at all impressive. Progress will become a little less sluggish from now though.
Still beavering away, here's what's new:
Here's what's new around here:
Surprise! I've actually done quite a lot of work this time round..... ;-)
I'm a Larry Norman fan. What else do you need to know?