- Made a correction to In The World lyrics - "as slaves" rather than "enslaved".
- Added an In The World song page link to the Rough Mix 3 page.
- Added some intriguing images to the In Another Land page. Click on 'Mexican Intrigue' to be intrigued yourself.
- Adjusted the position of the Home page banner image. You can now make out an eye, which is more interesting than just the nose as previously. Added a Bono quote. Removed the text about the search box function and moved it to the About page.
- Updated the Stranded In Babylon page with minor lyrical or punctuation corrections on most songs. Similarly corrected the song pages, and updated most to the new format: Oh Lydia, God Part III, Come Away, Hide His Heart, Step Into The Madness, White Trash Stomp, Love Is A Commitment, Under The Eye, I Will Survive, Let The Rain Fall Down, All The Way Home, Baby’s Got The Blues and A Dangerous Place To Be.
- Added a piece of little known trivia to the Oh Lydia page.
- Added backwards masked Step Into The Madness lyrics to the Stranded In Babylon and song pages. Added an audio file and youtube link to the song page to explain them.
- Added 1991 CD bonus tracks to the In Another Land page. Updated the song pages to reflect: Looking For The Footprints, Strong Love, Strange Peace and Let That Tape Keep Rolling.
- Created a Dreams On A Grey Afternoon song page, and added a link to it from the Songs landing page.
- Added 1993 CD bonus tracks to the Only Visiting This Planet page. Updated the song pages to reflect: PeacePollutionRevolution, Righteous Rocker, The Outlaw and Reader’s Digest.
- Updated the So Long Ago The Garden and song pages to reflect the 1993 CD release.
- Made small corrections to Soul Survivor lyrics and the description of the Phydeaux version differences.
- Made lyrical corrections to Nightmare.
- Corrected If God Is My Father lyrics on the In Another Land, Deja Vu and song pages. Also updated the If God Is My Father and Deja Vu song pages to the new format, and added a little information about the latter.
- Created a song page for Dear Malcolm, Dear Alwyn, and added a link to it from the Songs landing page.
You wanna know what's been done here lately? Well I'll tell ya.
So. I've done much more here in the last three weeks than in the whole three months prior. The feeling of accomplishment is almost overwhelming.
Here is a blow by blow account . Strap in, it's a rollercoaster read.
So. You all remember how I said I was a slacker right back on day one of this website? I trust no one thought I was just joking.
Anyway, I haven't quite done nothing here over the last three months.
See. Almost nothing. But not quite.
So the pace here has slowed somewhat, due to a little side project we're involved in. And by "we" I mean me and some other people. While you're waiting for a light shedding announcement, I suggest you check out this other announcement, which is actually kind of related - Perils.
Anyway, we haven't completely ignored the needs of those who like to read Larry Norman song titles and lyrics. Here's a list, bullet pointed no less, of what's been updated since last time.
** If you ever needed proof of Larry's claim that he could not complete projects or even know if a song was finished after his brain injury, just have a look at the song pages of 1980s releases such as Down Under, White Blossoms, 2nd Trilogy and so on. The number of small changes, even between CD and cassette version of the same album will soon jump out at you.
Based on past evidence, you may struggle to believe it, but there has actually been rather a lot of activity here in the past four or five weeks. The following summary is so long that I almost created a summary just for it. Anyway, here's all the things now ticked off the to do list:
It's been a slow couple of months around here. I did warn you I'm a slacker....
Anyway, here's what's new:
Would you believe me if I said I've been busy since the last devblog update? It's all relative of course. Here's a summary:
And there you have it, the sum total of six weeks or so of "busy-ness". I've spent a lot of time listening to and figuring out different versions of I Love You, and I realised I was overlooking some alternate album versions in my supposedly chronological methodology.
Note, I still have a few things to check with the Phydeaux LP version of SLATG, such as that it seems to have a reversed stereo image. Either that or I mixed up my red and black connectors.
Here is a summary of what's new around here...
Are you aware that Larry's brother Charles took part in a tribute concert in Holland last week? It was a great show. Google "Larry Norman tribute Veenendaal" to see parts of it. The musicians involved also recorded a cover of Righteous Rocker, which you can hear here.
So this website is approaching its second birthday. I guess I can say we've made progress, but man there is a long way still to go! I really do wonder when will this end. Or if it will end. Still, we're up to the mid eighties in working our way through the albums. That's almost halfway in timescale, but well under a quarter in terms of quantity...
Anyway, I imagine you are all massively excited to learn what's new. Not all of you though. Most of the new pages have been viewed already so clearly some people just couldn't wait for a guide and went off exploring on their own. I hope they didn't get lost.
For those of you sticking with the official tour, here's the script:
Just when you thought I'd lost interest.....
A fairly quiet (read lazy) couple of months then. I've been busy building Lego towers, getting sun screen in my eyes, and leaving the European Union. I recommend the first, definitely do not recommend the second, and the war between the sun and moon will be the judge on the third. In my defence I do have quite a few sets of song lyrics transcribed offline, which will help me to rattle through some of the upcoming updates. If I can be bothered. And if I can keep sun screen out of my eyes.
I'm a Larry Norman fan. What else do you need to know?